We are seeking a qualified candidate to fill a part-time opening as a Logistics Coordinator in our Customer Service Department. This position will work approximately 20-25 hours per week Monday – Friday. The rate of pay is $16-$18/hour.
This position will ensure prompt delivery of materials and services by communicating with vendors on the status of critical orders and eliminating difficulties and delays. This position will also provide support to the Customer Solutions Manager as well as the Production Team and general office assistance as needed.
- Coordinates purchase orders, shipping schedules, and documentation
- Aligns transportation to/from suppliers
- Maintains records of goods that have been ordered and corresponding shipping dates
- Maintains business relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure their assistance if an unexpected event requires expedited shipping of an order
- Monitors the main phone line and direct calls as necessary
- Interacts with the internal shipping department
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, as well as active listening
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and service-oriented skills are required to support both internal and external customers
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite) with the ability to learn new software
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, product, service, or area of customer service specialization or supplier special services
- Experience with shipping documentation including Bills of Lading, Packing Lists, Commercial Invoices, etc.
- Experience in scheduling trucks, obtaining freight quotes, processing orders, and various aspects of shipping documentation desired
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Logistics experience is beneficial
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Enterprise Resource Planning), specifically Epicor-Vantage, is beneficial
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Walking the manufacturing plant floor for resolution of issues as well as coordination of logistics is required
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities
If you are looking for an environment with a team-oriented culture that provides extensive training then U.S. Axle could be the right fit for you.
Apply on our website or by sending your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
U.S. Axle, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, U.S. Axle, Inc makes all of its employment decisions based upon merit, qualifications, abilities and an individual’s conduct and performance. U.S. Axle, Inc will not make any of its decisions, and will not discriminate against any employee, applicant, or any other covered person because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), gender (including gender nonconformity and transgender status), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, having a diploma based on passing a general educational development test as compared to a high school diploma, physical or mental disability, non-job related handicap or disability, known relationship or association with a person who has a handicap or disability, use of a guide or support animal because of blindness, deafness or physical handicap, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law (“Protected Characteristic”).