U.S. Axle, Inc., a certified ISO company, is a family-owned manufacturer of precision axles, shafts and cylinders for Industrial OEM’s. We are proud to have celebrated our 100-year anniversary in 2020.
U.S. Axle provides a rich comprehensive benefits package including medical, prescription, vision, dental, short-term disability, life and 401(k) with company contribution. There is a minimal weekly cost share via payroll deduction for the medical benefits and then almost 100% of all services, exams, prescriptions, tests and procedures are covered in full. Dependents and spouses are eligible.
We are a union shop with an average length of service of 15 years. If you are looking for a stable company with a team-oriented culture that provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package then U.S. Axle could be the right fit for you.
We are seeking a qualified candidate to fill an opening for a CNC Lathe Machinist-2nd shift in our machine shop. The primary function of the position is to set up and operate a CNC/NC Lathe, producing a variety of parts to proper specifications and making adjustments as required.
The work procedure will include:
- Receiving a work schedule from the Shop Supervisor and moving work from previous location to work station
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and routing cards as to operations to be performed
- Obtaining tools from the tool room and setting up all tools required using knowledge and ability acquired during training
- Loading, unloading and operating CNC Lathe as required
- Checking work processed using micrometer, gauges, dial indicators, etc. to produce to print specifications
- Moving material from work station to temporary storage or next work station
- Recording work processed on a job ticket and time ticket
- Oiling machine as required and refilling coolant tank
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work station and equipment
- Complying with all safety regulations and shop rules
Qualified candidate should have basic math skills and be familiar with a CNC/NC Lathe and attachments, snap gauges, micrometers, craftsman’s hand tools, verniers, calipers, fixed gauges, blueprints, sketches, electric hoists, and transporters.
This position pays $26.39 per hour.
Full time (40 hours per week).
Hours are 3pm-11pm
U.S. Axle, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, U.S. Axle, Inc makes all of its employment decisions based upon merit, qualifications, abilities and an individual’s conduct and performance. U.S. Axle, Inc will not make any of its decisions, and will not discriminate against any employee, applicant, or any other covered person because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), gender (including gender nonconformity and transgender status), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, having a diploma based on passing a general educational development test as compared to a high school diploma, physical or mental disability, non-job related handicap or disability, known relationship or association with a person who has a handicap or disability, use of a guide or support animal because of blindness, deafness or physical handicap, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law (“Protected Characteristic”).